Joliet Junior College invites community members to learn about what the college offers at Discover JJC on Saturday, March 15, from 9 a.m. to noon on the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. Prospective students of all ages and their families are invited to attend.
Faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions about JJC’s academic programs, transfer opportunities, financial aid and scholarships. Current students will also be available to talk with prospective students and answer questions.
“Discover JJC is the perfect opportunity to do just that – discover the college,” said Director of Admissions/Recruitment Jennifer Kloberdanz. “We invite potential students of all ages to come see the many academic programs we offer, learn about job opportunities after graduation, transfer options, and much more.”
For example, attendees interested in the Veterinary Medical Technology program can check out the Vet Tech facilities in B-Building and also visit with the program’s dogs and cats, which will be available for adoption near the end of the semester.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to:
• Tour JJC’s Main Campus (tours will run at 10:15 and 11:15 a.m.)
• Learn about more than 100 academic programs
• Meet with JJC faculty and staff
• Apply for admission
• Find out about JJC’s dual credit program
• Learn about financial aid, scholarships and study-abroad programs
• Attend the “Getting Started at JJC” session, which will discuss admission requirements, ACT Compass placement testing and transfer information. It will be held at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. in room A-1061.
• Attend the “Paying for College” session, which will include a financial aid presentation and will be held at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. in room A-1002.
Refreshments will be served, and attendees can enter a raffle to win an iPod or a $50 bookstore gift certificate.