Joliet Junior College students are invited to a student-only job fair kickoff on Monday, March 19 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Bridge. This kickoff, organized by the Career Services Center, will help students prepare for the Joliet Regional Job Fair on Friday, April 11 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet.
At the kickoff in March, students will get to rotate between eight different stations, including:
- Fashion Show: Students will get to watch a fashion show, with the models wearing attire appropriate for job interviews.
- Hair: Representatives from JCP Salon and the Royal Image Barber College will cut and/or style JJC students’ hair to demonstrate what is appropriate for job interviews.
- Make-up: Representatives from Sephora will give makeovers and interview appropriate make-up tips.
- Ties: Members of the JJC student organization Brother 2 Brother will demonstrate the proper way to tie a necktie.
- Resumes: Students will get the opportunity to develop or update their resumes.
- Researching an Employer: Students will learn how to properly research an employer before applying for a job.
- Conversational Skills: Employers and recruiters will be on hand to help students practice their introduction and conversation skills in a mock job fair set up.
In addition to the stations, there will be giveaways, gift card raffles, silk tie raffles, free resume paper, and free thank you cards.
“The Job Fair Kickoff will prepare students for every facet of the Joliet Regional Job Fair, from what to wear to what to say to employers, and everything in between,” said Layton Cooper, JJC employer relations and internship coordinator.