Joliet Junior College and the local Seniors in Motion® Committee will host a free Senior Expo on March 26 from 9 a.m. to noon on JJC’s Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. Local seniors and their families are welcome to attend the Expo, which has been hosted at JJC for the past 12 years.
There will be more than 60 vendors at the Senior Expo this year.
“The Senior Expo is meant to provide seniors in the area with a kind of one stop shop where they can have access to topics of senior interests,” said Brenda Large, personal enrichment coordinator of Corporate and Community Service at JJC.
Some vendors participating in the event include:
- The Secretary of State’s Drivers License Unit, which will offer license and ID renewal
- Walgreen’s, which will offer immunizations and blood pressure tests
- Presence St. Joseph Hospital, which will offer glucose and cholesterol health screenings
- The Department of Veterans Affairs and the Veterans Assistance Commission, which will offer assistance for veterans and a VA medical van
- The Will County Supervisor of Assessment, which will offer help with property tax questions
- An AARP booth, which will offer an assortment of resources for seniors
- A chance to join the Fifty Plus Club
Those interested in joining the Fifty Plus Club will get to play a scavenger hunt game between 9-11 a.m., and have a chance to win a $100 gift card.
Free Bingo games will follow the Expo at noon in the Campus Center Cafeteria. There will be many prizes, and seniors are encouraged to grab a lunch in the cafeteria and play.
The Seniors in Motion® Committee is comprised of Joliet Junior College, the Lockport Park District, and the Lemont Park District.
For more information about the Senior Expo, visit http://www.jjc.edu/continuing-education/community-education/Pages/senior-expo.aspx.