A full-service U.S. Bank branch will open on the JJC Main Campus on May 19, offering on-campus banking convenience for students and employees. The bank is located in the F-Building, adjacent to the Wellness Center and directly across from the Trackman Planetarium.
In addition to providing banking and ATM services, U.S. Bank plans to hold financial wellness seminars throughout the year, which will cover topics such as loans, credit scores, identity theft, banking basics for international students, and more.
Students who open a U.S. Bank Student Checking account will receive these benefits:
- No monthly maintenance fee and no minimum balance requirement
- Free U.S. Bank ATM transactions at more than 5,000 U.S. Bank ATMs including one on-campus ATM located at the on-site branch inside F-Building
- Four free non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions per statement period
- Free first order of U.S. Bank logo checks
- Free U.S. Bank online and mobile banking
- Free email and text alerts
- Free smartphone app
- Free online statements
- 24-Hour banking services via phone at 800-US BANKS (872-2657) and web at usbank.com
- U.S. Bank Visa® Check Card
Students can also apply for U.S. Bank scholarships online at usbank.com/scholarship. U.S. Bank awards 40, $1,000 scholarships to eligible college and high school students each year.
U.S. Bank has more than 3,000 branch locations across 25 states, including 151 in Illinois. They also have similar on-site branches at the College of DuPage, Triton College, Northwestern University, Aon Hewitt, and Lurie Children’s Hospital.
In addition to the benefit of on-campus banking convenience, because the bank will be paying the college rent, the branch opening helps JJC by providing an alternative revenue source to augment the college budget.
Look for more information later this summer about a grand opening event planned for the JJC branch later this fall.