Veterans and all community members are invited to Joliet Junior College’s annual Veterans Day Ceremony on the Main Campus Bridge, located at 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet, on Monday, Nov. 10 from noon to 1 p.m.
Veterans are encouraged to wear something that signifies their military branch, such as their uniform or even a small pin.
Both the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Memorial Squad and Major Jesse L. Maggitt of the U.S. Army will address the crowd. The JJC Chamber Singers and JJC Chorale will end the observance with a performance of “Blades of Grass and Pure White Stones.”
The complete ceremony schedule is as follows:
- Welcome, JJC President Dr. Debra Daniels
- Posting of Colors
- Pledge of Allegiance
- National Anthem, led by JJC choir members
- Women Veterans and their Contributions to America, Major Jesse L. Maggitt, US Army, retired
- Moment of Silence
- Introductions, Abraham Lincoln National Ceremony Memorial Squad
- Flag folding demonstration
- Echo Taps
- Armed Forces Medley
- “Blades of Grass and Pure White Stones,” arranged by Keith Christopher and performed by members of the JJC Chamber Singers and the JJC Chorale; directed by Fine Arts Professor Phil Spencer and Conductor Debra Miller, accompanist
Cake and punch will be available for all visitors and participants after the ceremony. Both the oldest and youngest veterans in attendance will cut the cake.
For more information about the Veterans Day ceremony at JJC, contact Pam Dilday at email@example.com or 815-280-2755.