The public is invited to the Joliet Junior College Community Band annual winter concert on Sunday, Dec. 7 at 3 p.m. in the Fine Arts Theatre, located on the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. The band is under the direction of JJC Music Coordinator and Director of Bands Charles Morgan.
Admission is $5 for adults; $4 for JJC faculty and staff, non-JJC students, and senior citizens; and $2 for JJC students.
The JJC Community Band is a symphonic, 100-member ensemble made up of local residents, JJC students, and faculty. In addition to this year’s winter performance, the band performs another concert in the spring.
“The JJC Community Band is proud to be celebrating more than 30 years of musical excellence,” Morgan said. “We hope everyone can attend this exciting concert, beautifully performed by some of the area’s finest musicians.”
The program for the winter concert is as follows:
- “The Big Cage,” by Karl L. King,
- “Mannin Veen” by Hayden Wood
- “Amazing Grace” arranged by Frank Ticheli
- Part 1 of “Armenian Dances” by Alfred Reed
- “Winter Dances” by Brian Balmages
- “O Magnum Mysterium” by Morten Lauridsen
- “Holiday Portraits” by Sean O’Loughin
- “Sleigh Ride” by Leroy Anderson
For more information about the JJC Community Band or the JJC Fine Arts Department, visit www.jjc.edu/info/fine-arts.