The Joliet Junior College Fine Arts Department invites the community to its annual Winter Jazz Concert on Friday, Dec. 5 at 7:30 p.m. in the Fine Arts Theatre, located on the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. The concert is under the direction of JJC Music Coordinator and Director of Bands Charles Morgan.
The program for the concert is as follows:
- “Bernie’s Tune,” arranged by Victor Goines
- “88 Basie Street,” by Sammy Nestico
- “Polka Dots and Moonbeams,” arranged by Dave Barduhn
- “Misty,” arranged by Dave Barduhn
- “Happy Faces,” by Sonny Stitt
- “Bad Ol’ Blues” by Mike Carubia
- “Gentle Rain,” arranged by Kris Berg
- “Bistro Latino” by Jeff Jarvis
- “Dancing Nitely” by Bill Holman
The concert will feature several student soloists, including: Lief Sebby of Plainfield on alto saxophone; Chad Taylor of Ottawa on tenor saxophone; Nancy Lehman of Joliet on tenor saxophone; Mark Grossi of Naperville on baritone saxophone; Ron Magiera of New Lenox on trumpet; Dave Griesmer of Frankfort on trumpet; William Cooper of Joliet on trombone; Dennis Galle of New Lenox on trombone; and Janice Murphy of Frankfort on piano.
Admission for the concert is $5 for adults; $4 for senior citizens and non-JJC students; and $2 for JJC students.
All community members in JJC’s district, JJC students and area high school students can join the JJC jazz band as long as they play a typical jazz instrument. The group meets on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 9:45 p.m. each semester.