Area job seekers are invited to Joliet Junior College’s 16th Annual Joliet Regional Job Fair on Friday, May 1, from 1 to 4 p.m. in J-Building on Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with dozens of employers seeking candidates for full- and part-time employment as well as internship and volunteer positions. The job fair is free and open to the public; resumes are required for admittance.
Those who plan to attend should:
• Bring a resume, which is required for admittance (30-35 resumes are recommended).
• Wear appropriate, professional interview attire.
• Review the websites of the employers to learn more about the companies.
“The Joliet Regional Job Fair provides an opportunity for job seekers at all levels to connect with employers from a variety of industries, said JJC Director of Career Services Bridgett Larkin-Beene. “Part-time or full-time, entry level or experienced, there is something for everyone at this job fair. We are thrilled that every year, hundreds of job seekers from throughout the district show up dressed for success, with resumes in hand, ready to meet our regional employers. It’s really a privilege to host such an important event for JJC students and the community.”
Last year, approximately 60 employers and 500 job seekers attended the fair.
Career Services is also hosting two events prior to the job fair to help job seekers prepare for interviewing on job fair day:
– The Job Fair Kickoff will be held April 15 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Bridge on Main Campus. This event includes:
- Resume writing assistance
- Tips for researching potential employers
- Practice conversations with professional HR recruiters
- Hair and makeup tips and makeovers from professional stylists
- Learn how to properly tie a necktie
- A professional attire fashion show presented by JC Penney
- Free resume paper and thank you notes
- Necktie and gift card raffles
– “Making the Most of the Job Fair” will be held just prior to the job fair on May 1, at 12:30 p.m. in the Fine Arts Theatre on Main Campus. This is a free presentation with last-minute tips for job seekers.
The Joliet Regional Job Fair is brought to you by JJC Career Services, JJC Workforce Development, Workforce Services Division of Will County and Illinois Department of Employment Security.