Community members who would like assistance with resume writing and other interview skills are invited to the free Job Fair Kickoff event at Joliet Junior College on Feb. 17 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will be held on the Bridge on Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet.
The kickoff event includes:
• Resume writing assistance
• Tips for researching potential employers
• Help in making the best first impression
• Practice introducing yourself to professional HR recruiters and receive feedback
• Get hair and makeup tips or a makeover from professionals at JCP Salon and Sephora
• Watch a professional attire fashion show presented by JCPenney
• Learn how to properly tie a necktie
• Free resume paper and thank you notes
• Plus, necktie and gift card raffles!
“Don’t miss this free, interactive event geared towards sharing crucial and beneficial tips for making a good impression at a job fair, securing employment opportunities, and maintaining a professional image in the workplace,” said Layton Cooper, employer relations and internship coordinator.
The kickoff precedes the Joliet Regional Job Fair, which will be held on Friday, April 8 on the Main Campus.
For more information, visit www.jjc.edu/info/jobfair or contact Career Services at 815-280-2756.