The Joliet Junior College Community Band will perform its annual spring concert on Sunday, May 1 at 3 p.m. in the JJC Fine Arts Theatre on the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. The band is under the direction of Director of Bands and Music Coordinator Charles Morgan.
The concert, which has the theme, “Screen to Stage,” will be full of music compositions from popular movie soundtracks. Audience members can expect compositions from the movies “Saving Private Ryan,” “Star Wars,” “The Incredibles,” “Beauty and the Beast,” and more. The program is as follows:
- “Barnum and Bailey’s Favorite” by Karl L. King
- “Hymn to the Fallen” from Saving Private Ryan, by John Williams
- Music from the “Star Wars” trilogy, transcribed for band by Donald Hunsburger
- “The Liberty Bell” by John Philip Sousa
- Music from “The Incredibles” by Michael Giacchino
- “Victory at Sea” by Richard Rodgers
- “Beauty and the Beast” by Howard Ashman and Alan Menkin, arranged by Toshio Mashima
Admission is $5 for adults; $4 for JJC faculty and staff, non-JJC students, and senior citizens; and $2 for JJC students.
The JJC Community Band is a symphonic, 85-member ensemble made up of local residents, JJC students and faculty. In addition to this year’s spring performance, the band performs another concert in the winter.
For more information about the JJC Community Band or the JJC Fine Arts Department, visit www.jjc.edu/info/fine-arts.