The Joliet Junior College Farmers Market will host its free annual Back-to-School Fair for all ages on Thursday, Aug. 4 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the JJC Greenhouse at 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet.
“The Back-to-School Fair is a great opportunity to interact with the JJC community and the outside community while supporting our local small businesses. It’s also a great way to find out a little more about JJC,” said Dorothy Rosier, JJC Farmers Market manager. “If you’ve never gotten the chance to stop by the Greenhouse during our Farmers Market, the Back-to-School Fair is the perfect time to go!”
Activities at the fair will include:
- More than 20 vendors of locally produced fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses and a wide variety of handcrafted products and ready to eat hot foods
- Free hayrack rides for the entire family
- Kid’s pot-a-plant demonstration with a free plant to take home
- Joliet Slammers Baseball fast-pitching staff, with giveaway prizes
- Worm composting demonstration by the University of Illinois Master Composters, with a free bin to take home
- Story time station w/Usborne Books
- Free face painting for kids
- Balloon animal fun
JJC’s Farmers Market features more than 20 vendors of locally produced fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, baked goods and handcrafted products. The Market takes place every Thursday during the summer until Sept. 15.
For more information about the Back-to-School Fair or the weekly Farmers Market, contact Market Manager Dorothy Rosier at email@example.com or 815-280-6622.