The Joliet Junior College Police Department is planning special events and other fundraising opportunities this spring as part of its annual efforts to support the Law Enforcement Torch Run benefiting Special Olympics Illinois.
- Annual Spaghetti Dinner, co-sponsored by the Criminal Justice Club, tickets $7 each:
- Main Campus, Wednesday, April 26, 3 to 7 p.m. Room A-1002
- Romeoville Campus, Wednesday, April 26, 3 to 6 p.m., cafeteria
- Cop on a Rooftop: Friday, May 19, 5 a.m. to 2 p.m, at the Dunkin Donuts at 1350 Houbolt Rd.
- 2017 Torch Run pins, hats and t-shirts area available to buy: $15 for a hat or t-shirt, $5 for a pin. Call (815) 280-2234, stop by the police station in G-1013 or contact any member of the JJC police department to make a purchase.
- Purchase $10 raffle tickets to win a Harley Davidson Motorcycle or a Can-Am Commander E-XT (off-road vehicle)
- Raffle tickets for a custom-made Torch Run t-shirt quilt, plus other prizes, will be available soon.
The Law Enforcement Torch Run is the single largest year-round fundraising movement benefiting Special Olympics Illinois. This year, the JJC PD hopes to raise $7,000 to directly benefit Special Olympics Illinois.
“We want to raise both funds and awareness for Special Olympics and the tremendous opportunities that the organization provides individuals with disabilities and their families,” said JJC Police Officer Randy Graves. “Each year, thousands of athletes and their families benefit greatly from participating in Special Olympics events. Our department is honored to support such a wonderful program.”
For advance ticket sales for the spaghetti dinner, or for more information about these Special Olympics fundraisers, contact any JJC police officer, call 815-280-2234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For more information about Illinois Special Olympics, visit www.soill.org/.