The Joliet Junior College Community Band will perform its annual spring concert on Sunday, May 7 at 3 p.m. in the JJC Fine Arts Theatre on the Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. The band is under the direction of Director of Bands and Music Coordinator Charles Morgan.
This concert, featuring band repertoire performed by some of the area’s finest musicians, will offer something for everyone: marches, transcriptions and original compositions for band. The program for the spring concert is as follows:
- “Whip and Spur” a rousing circus march by Thomas S. Allen
- “Oberon Overture” by Carl Maria von Weber
- “One Life Beautiful” by Julie Giroux
- “Aspen Jubilee” by Joliet native Ron Nelson
- “Le Voltiguer” a concert march by Gabriel Pares
- “Abram’s Pursuit” by David L. Holsinger,
- “Be Thou My Vision” arranged by David R. Gillingham
- “Highlights from WICKED” arranged by Michael Brown
- “The Stars and Stripes Forever” by John Philip Sousa
Admission is $5 for adults; $4 for JJC faculty and staff, non-JJC students, and senior citizens; and $2 for JJC students.
The JJC Community Band is a symphonic, 85-member ensemble made up of local residents, JJC students and faculty, and is proud to be celebrating over 35 years of musical excellence. In addition to this year’s spring performance, the band performs another concert in the winter.
For more information about the JJC Community Band or the JJC Fine Arts Department, visit www.jjc.edu/info/fine-arts.