Students, alumni, and community members are invited to participate in the annual Job Fair Kickoff on Thursday, May 4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Bridge on Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet.
This event, organized by the Career Services Center, will help participants to prepare for the Joliet Regional Job Fair on Wednesday, May 24 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Main Campus Event Center, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet.
At the kickoff, students will get the chance to rotate between several different stations, including:
- Fashion Show: Models will showcase attire appropriate for job interviews.
- Hair: Representatives from JCP Salon and the Royal Image Barber College will cut and/or style JJC students’ hair to demonstrate what is appropriate for job interviews.
- Make-up: Representatives from Sephora will give makeovers and interview appropriate make-up.
- Ties: Members of the JJC student organization Brother 2 Brother will demonstrate the proper way to tie a necktie.
- Resumes: Students will get the opportunity to develop or update their resumes.
- Researching an Employer: Students will learn how to properly research an employer before applying for a job.
- Conversational Skills: Employers and recruiters will be on hand to help students practice their introduction and conversation skills in a mock job fair set up.
In addition to the stations, there will be a number of giveaways, gift card raffles, silk tie raffles, free resume paper, and free thank you cards.
“Don’t miss this timely opportunity to participate in the Job Fair Kickoff,” said Layton Cooper, JJC employer relations and internship coordinator. “You will get the chance to engage with professionals who interview and hire job seekers for a living, get tips on how to develop your professional look, and win free stuff!”